Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where is my camera anyways? (and other random thoughts)

So yesterday was a really crazy, fun day...Maybe not by others standards or opinions of what fun is, but I am weird and I thought it was great.

Started the day off bright and early for a Saturday anyways. Got up at 6:45 threw on whatever matched and being pulling stuff onto our driveway for my BIG garage sale. By 7:30 a.m. my friend Sarah and her husband Jon had arrived, we had set everything up, signs were up and we were ready for the (we hoped) crowds of people.

...and come they did! Originally we were only going to have the sale until 1 p.m. but ended up going until 2p.m. Steady all day and at times CRAZY BUSY! All in all we raked in almost $800! I sold $375 in Scentsy alone at the garage sale. I will be doing that again for sure! $25 for an add = $775 profit! I think that's pretty darn good!

By the time we packed it all in which was only 1 or 2 big items and 2 boxes of small stuff...I was hot and tired. Took a quick shower and changed into my pj's for what ended up being the rest of the day!

After naps I filled up our turtle sand-box (which ironically has no sand in it) up with water and let the kids go crazy with the water and hose in the back yard. Kale's diaper must have weighed at least 15 pounds after all that and so like any weird mom I let him run around in the nude for a bit. I took a pic with my phone of this whole scene, but not sure how to go about getting it off and Aaron said it's too blurry anyways.
So you will just have to imagine a 4 year old girl running around in her most favorite pink and brown swim suit brandishing the hose at her brother whenever he tries to get near with his naked little butt showing of his tan lines from previous swim days where he of course was not nakie. All this while running and laughing and just generally having a blast until their mom ruined it all by calling "bath time"

But then again bath time means more water and consequently more water all over my bathroom...oh, well they are only little once and my floor got a much needed mopping in the process. Then snacks and and all kids were tucked in bed by 7:45p.m.!

So what did I do? The usual: check facebook, read blogs and the best part a HUGE bubble bath while watching "Monster-In-Law" and eating popcorn and occasionly texting...

And that my friends was a fabulous day to me.

4 comments:

  1. Yes and so I forgot to say the part about "where is my camera" in the midst of all the water wars with Soleil and Kale I was running around like mad looking for my camera which I had finally bought new batteries for since they had been dead for at least a week and now I can't find the stupid camera! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That was the best yard sale ever! =) It is cool to be named in someones blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on your blog...How fun to have some extra money from stuff you didn't really need anyway! Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just catching up too, Karissa. Any day that includes kids having a hoot in the buck is fun to me. :)

    I love garage sales.

    ReplyDelete