Sunday, February 26, 2012

Traffic Tickets...Car Accidents... Just Call Me Target!

Ok so I must preface this post by saying this is all in FUN... OK so if your panties get all twisted in a bunch and you want to rant on about how great officers are then well... this all in FUN so CHILL! ;)

So ever since I moved to Idaho nearly 10 years ago I have lived in Canyon County. In June we moved into Ada County. Up until 2006 I had NEVER received any sort of traffic ticket. Yes I'd been pulled over a few times for headlight out, etc...but always with a minor warning. (I guess Montana cops are just nicer ;)

In 2006 I found myself speeding along the freeway and whoops... my first ticket ever at the age of 24. Not 1 week later... rushing ironically to the bank to get my drivers license (that they had forgotten to return to me)I got slapped with another ticket. ROTTEN I tell ya... geez...

2006 was also the first serious car wreck... rear-ended at a dead stop by a car full of teenagers 2 of which left lovely head rings on the windshield... due to not wearing set belts. Fast forward 1 year and 1 day later (weird I know) BAM! Hit by an illegal immigrant, with no insurance and an expired Mexico drivers license... OOOO it gets better... I manage to make it 1 year and 6 months and then while 8 months pregnant I get rear-ended yet again! At this point my friends all joked I needed to get "Target" put on my license plate or "just aim here" with arrows pointing to an actual target on my cars rear... I have a fabulous insurance company, Geico and they really helped getting everything taken care of even though the accidents weren't my fault.

November 2009 just 7 months later... My only "at fault" accident. Rolled my Yukon while driving 35mph around a bend near Kooskia Idaho. SUV was totaled... no one hurt and I actually made money on that one. After that though I was thinking what in the world does the driving world have against me... errr or am I really a Target... like in one of those spy movies... is somebody after me *cue suspenseful music*

Well I had put all that scary target voo doo behind me and had all but forgotten my rotten luck that is until This past November... Kale goes to preschool on a street connected to a very busy road. It can be extremely hard to get out into traffic and well you kinda just have to gun it and get out there. So one day I arrived at preschool only to discover I had read the calendar wrong and there was no preschool that day... Fail #1... so I get to the busy road gun it into traffic reach the top of the hill remember "crap, it's a construction zone" hit the breaks but oops... to late SUCKER... here is mister motorcycle cop...and busted Fail #2 So he pulls me over and very kindly waves the double fine fee for construction zones but as I'm handing him my paperwork I see that I haven't replaced my insurance card since I renewed Fail #3! So he tells me no worries just send a copy of new card in when I pay my $86 (AHHHHHH!)

Exactly 2 weeks later...same time, same place same exact situation. "Hello officer, can I bring you cookies next time since I keep meeting you like this =)" We laugh and he very kindly allows me to explain how difficult it is to get out on the road etc... and again very kindly warns me and no ticket. I swear this is the only nice cop in Ada County! Except my faith in him went down when I saw him pull someone over in the middle of the road and proceed to give them a ticket right in the flow of traffic... ummm ok...

1 month later... On my way to Soleil's school for a class party I am organizing. I have just enough time for everything but I am rushing a little. I see a cop and glance down and drat 44 in a 40. He sticks his arm out his window as he turns on his lights...and starts yelling at me and jabbing his finger at me as if to say "Hey you idiot, I'm in charge here now pull over before I tazer you!" Ok well it felt that scary ...hahaha He pulls me over asks how fast I was going I said 44 ...he says oh I clocked you at 49 and that's pretty much the same...ummm no... ones a ticket ones not... I take the ticket and later schedule a court date to fight it.

1 month later...same stretch of road... at this point I'm setting my cruise control just to drive a block...I'm super paranoid minding all of the laws... two hands on the wheel... I make the mistake of picking up my phone at a top light to view an email. My head looking up and down to check to make sure light isn't green. When it turns green I put phone down and drive. Right after that phone rings... I don't know caller... I make the mistake of trying to dismiss the call and stupid touch screen and my head bobs up and down and then I see lights! At this point no nice words are being thought in my head. I swear Meridian cops get off on giving tickets and have a pool at work to see who can have the most hits on one person...GEEZ! So the officer pulls me over in my daughters school parking lot right at pick up time... fun huh? Swaggers up to my window and immediately lays into me about how I was texting and driving... ummm ...no I wasn't as I try to explain he proceeds to tell me I'm a liar and on and on. When steam finally stops pouring from his fat red face. I explain and he tells me that's the same as texting and driving. I apologize and tell him I just moved into Ada county etc... NO warning.. $126 and yes I set a court date...

So I'm thinking... maybe the "target" voo doo is back and really what's next... maybe I should invest in a bike with a 3 kid trailer? But then I'd probably get pulled over for biking under the influence of children.

;)

1 comment:

  1. Face it Karissa, you are cursed. You are a Simmons! Regardless of what that D.L. says, you are stuck with it. The only thing worse in a traffic scenario would be to be a Haveman.
    Love you!
    Lawana

    ReplyDelete