Saturday, December 29, 2012

3rd round of sickness and cooped up craziness

Mostly due to stress I am sure... this has been the worst fall/winter for sickness! I am seriously on my 3rd round of this awful crap. I don't want to make this post about whining or being a martyr because I'm a single mom. But man its hard being sick and having no one to help with things... I know there are a bunch of my friends who feel the same way because their husbands work out of town.

So ladies as hard as it may be this being my 3rd round I've finally had to let it go... let the housework go...let the laundry go... my kids are with their dad this weekend so I've done nearly nothing but sit on my butt and watch netflix, drink water and take vitamins...oh and a new thing I'm trying Cayenne tablets and thanks to my friend Ximena... ramen noodles with garlic... We will see after 24 hours if any of it worked =)

It's been 24 hours I'm cooped up...I'm staring at my Christmas decorations and completely dead tree and wondering if I should just get up and put that crap away ...but no I am DETERMINED...to sit here and do nothing AHHHHHH Ok I did sneak out I admit to get oranges and do a super quick interior re-design consult....but that's it ;) I'm glad I did the consult because now with Army Wives marathon on in the background and my puppy Max curled up beside me... I am on Pinterest creating a board for the kids salon I'm decorating.

So I don't even know where this post is going I just knew I'm going a little nuts...sick of being sick and feeling crazy because it's taking all my will power to be LAZY and get well... and I still have one more day to do it before I get to see my babies again.

So what are your tips for getting well, staying well and forcing yourself to be lazy? Am I the only one who has a hard time slowing down?

<3 and rest to all of you ... Karissa

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're sick! We've been going through the same and it has been the worst year, I agree! I've been sick since August. =p Pau D'Arco has been a huge help in shortening the duration or preventing illness right away for my family. At the first sign of sickness, we start throwing it down. You can find the tincture at World of Nutrition or other health stores (Kim Nihart is the Wonder Woman who told me about it). Oil of Oregano capsules for any infection (sinus especially)and don't forget Bragg's apple cider vinegar - drizzle it on your food often. And finally, mega doses of Ester C - I usually take 2 a day if there are bugs around. I have the most horrid immune system ever and these things actually help prevent or help me recover a little better. Hope you're well soon! At least you don't have to go to a daily job - what a blessing that you can mostly stay home and get well!

    ReplyDelete